On sale

Piebald Syrah

Mr. Riggs has a simple and personal vision, ‘black and white’ if you like, to make wine that Ben Riggs himself loves to drink – Winemaker’s wine. As it happens, this wine too is black and white, also known as Piebald; a fermentation of blackest of black ‘Syrah’ (Shiraz). Thus the reason for introducing ‘Piebald’ to the label.

Bottle 750 ml
Sale price

Regular price $40.00
( / )
Click here to be notified by email when Piebald Syrah becomes available.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

The Piebald fruit is sourced from the ‘Woodside’ vineyard, owned Randal Tomich. The Woodside vineyard qualifies as a premium cool climate Adelaide Hills vineyard, planted in heavy clay the vineyard sits at approximately 365m above sea level. 90% of the fruit for the Piebald is machine harvested with the remaining 10% hand picked. The wine underwent on-skin fermentation for 8 - 10 days, 10% is whole bunch ferment in 5 tonne open fermenters. The wine then pressed into oak, and left for 16 months with full lees contact.
Vintage 2013
Variety Syrah
Region Adelaide Hills
Cellaring Drink now or cellar for 5 to 10 years
Alcohol Volume 14.5%
pH 3.46
Residual Sugar -
Total Acidity 6.66

Aroma

A spicey, elegant, and fragrant Syrah.

Palate

Deep, dark fruits of the forest with notes of violet and the texture of velvet.

95 points James Halliday's Wine Companion 2017
94 points Wine Showcase Magazine New Release Tasting
92 points Wine Front (Campbell Mattinson) 24/06/2015